ROBERTA KING LATHAM
- Litigation/Trial Practice
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Employment Issues
- Workers Compensation
- Appellate Practice
- Insurance Coverage
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating “AV”
- Super Lawyers, Civil Litigation Defense (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Civil Litigation Defense (2011, 2012, 2013)
- Everyday Award Recipient, Winston-Salem Ambassadors, (2019)
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America.
- Business North Carolina Legal Elite, Young Guns (2011, 2012)
- 2016 Outstanding Women in Business honoree, Triad Business Journal.
- Women Extraordinaire Recipient, Business Leader Media (2010)
- America’s Most Honored Professionals (2011, 2015)
- Charles F. Blanchard Outstanding Young Lawyer Award, NCBA YLD (2007-2008)
- Wake Forest University (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Golden Key
- Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Member, Wake Forest Law Review
- Member, Wake Forest Moot Court Board (Evan A. Evans Constitutional Law Moot Court Team)
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Legal Research and Writing
- Board of Directors of the Northwest North Carolina Affiliate of Susan G. Komen
- President (2016-2017)
- Vice-President (2014-2016)
- Board Development Chair (2014-2016)
- Public Policy/Advocacy Chair (2013-2015; 2017-2018)
- Volunteer of the Month, May 2015
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Board of Governors (2018–2021)
- Co-chair of Young Lawyers’ Leadership Academy (2014-present)
- North Carolina Bar Association/North Carolina State Bar Liaison Committee Co-Chair (2019)
- Chair of Young Lawyers Division (2010-2011)
- Young Lawyers Division Fellows, President (2018-2019)
- North Carolina Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors (2010-2011; 2019-2020)
- CLE Committee
- Chair (2016–2018)
- Vice-Chair (2014-2016)
- Strategic Planning Subcommittee Chair (2014-2016)
- Marketing Subcommittee Chair (2012-2014)
- Endowment Committee (2009-2010)
- North Carolina State Bar
- Courthouse Access – Committee Advisory Member (2019)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Board of Directors (2011-2014)
- Young Lawyers Committee Chair (2009-2010)
- Chair of Women Litigator’s Committee (2013-2014)
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Touch 10,000 State Coordinator (2010-2011)
- District 9, North Carolina Representative (2008-2009)
- Forsyth County Bar Association: Young Lawyers Division
- Executive Committee (2005-2008)
- Treasurer (2006-2007)
Presentations and Publications:
- “Ethical Dilemma – Keeping Your Head above Water,” panel participant, International Association of Rehabilitation Professionals of the Carolinas Educational Conference, Greensboro, March 15, 2019. https://rehabpro.org/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1146205&group=
- “Legal Landmines Facing Small Business Owners,” Fearless Winston-Salem, September 18, 2018.
- “The Nitty Gritty of Depositions, Part 1,” The Nitty Gritty of Discovery, Annual Trial Skills CLE presented by the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys Young Lawyers Committee, August 26, 2016.
- “Documenting Discipline and Performance Issues: Legal Perspective,” Addiction Recovery Care Association, Inc., March 8, 2016.
- “Ethical Considerations Regarding Expert Witnesses,” part of Mastering the Expert Witness Deposition CLE for the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, August 1, 2013.
- 2-hour continuing education program for nurses, “Legal Aspects to the Faith Community Preparation Course” for the Congregational Nurse and Health Ministry Program approved by the International Parish Nurse Resource Center, October 21, 2010, October 20, 2011, October 18, 2012, October 16, 2013, October 22, 2014, March 15, 2016 and March 7, 2017.
- Moderator at the North Carolina Bar Association’s New Admittee Professionalism Program, a mandatory Continuing Legal Education program for newly admitted North Carolina attorneys, on September 22, 2011, at the Benton Convention Center in Winston-Salem.
- Instructor at “Medicine and Law 101 – A Medical Legal Liability Seminar for Health Care Providers”: May 30, 2009, March 25, 2011, April 12, 2013, and May 15, 2015, Wake Forest University Baptist School of Medicine.
- A Survey of Rule 11 in North Carolina, Judge W. Erwin Spainhour (Cabarrus County Senior Resident Superior Court Judge) and Roberta King Latham (Bennett & Guthrie, PLLC), 28th Annual Meeting of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (June 2005).
- Mastering the Expert Deposition CLE, "Ethical Considerations When Taking Expert Depositions,” (Part 2). North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, August 23, 2019, Grandover Resort, Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Also, the mobile view is still a little off in places. Some icons don’t match up with the text. Would you have your team look at that, too?
- Forsyth Woman Magazine, “The Last Word”, September, 2014, . https://www.forsythwoman.com/the-last-word-with-roberta-king-latham/.
- Keynote speaker at Wake Forest University Panhellenic Council Fashion Show, October 28, 2013 and October 28, 2014, regarding breast cancer.
- Forsyth Woman Magazine, Women on the Move, May, 2012.
Other Memberships and Activities:
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference (Permanent Member)
- North Carolina Bar Association – Young Lawyer Initiatives Task Force (2010-2012); Board of Governors Nominating Committee (2012)
- North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division – Immediate Past Chair and Chair of Nominating Committee (2011-2012); Chair-Elect (2009-2010); Chair of Disaster Legal Services Committee (2008-2009); Division Director, (2007-2008); Chair of Poverty Issues Committee (2006-2007); Poverty Issues Committee (2005-2006); Nominating Committee (2012)
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys – Young Lawyers Committee, Vice Chair (2008-2009); Executive Committee (2004-2007)
- Joseph Branch Inn of Court (2008-2010)
- North Carolina Consumers Council
- All North Carolina State and Federal Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit